22 January 2013

Skincare | my winter skincare saviours - update!

I went to bed last night feeling like some kind of cave monster. I was suffering from a cold weather/cold virus combo and it was showing on my skin. My nose and lips were dry and sore and definitely making my cold feel ten times worse!

However...

After targeting my lack of moisture with a 3-part attack (hydraluron, Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask and Eight Hour Cream, see above) I woke up this morning with skin that felt refreshed and rejuvinated. My cold is at bay (which has definitely helped) but the mask had completely rehydrated my skin and my face felt all smooth and puffy (in a good way!). I applied a thick layer of the Origins mask and it had all sunk in and done wonders by the time I woke up, whilst the Eight Hour Cream had also completely transformed my lips. Overall, a successful routine, and one I think I will repeat this evening ready for the cold weather tomorrow, and my interview!

Also, the Intensive Overnight Mask smells sooooo good. It's like smothering yourself in peach juice. Just without the added stickyness and the clans of wasps trying to lick your face (I'm just guessing).

6 comments:

  1. Love the pot you put your makeup in www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a mug I got as a gift. Helps me remember all the brushes I have, although they end up getting a bit dusty!
      siddalee

      Delete
  2. As I'm about to head back to my university, which is in the midst of major winter weather, this post was really useful!

    Camila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was helpful! I noticed a massive difference, I would definitely recommend the products.

      Delete
  3. I've only used hydraluron out of these three and I'm unsure how I feel about it - I don't think I've been consistent enough with applying it. I've definitely got my eye on the origins mask though!

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I don't think there is a shocking difference but my makeup definitely doesn't clump as badly on dry areas throughout the day when I wear it (attractive). The mask feels so luxurious, 100% treat yourself to it!
      siddalee

      Delete