29 December 2012

It's Chriiiiiiistmaaaaaas!

Well, it was. And it was full of such festive joy! Thought I'd share a few snapshots!


Mama S made this little feast for Christmas breakfast before laying the table with all kinds of festive decorations. It was the first time we had Christmas just the two of us, without the crazy nans and extremely loud aunts and uncles and she worked so hard to still make it super Christmassy! She bought a snazzy little vegan box of goodies which had meat-free alternatives to pigs in blankets, turkey, gammon and even had some delicious balls of stuffing, my fave!! There was even roasted parsnips and mashed swede, it was SO GOOD.


As Mama S had to work Boxing Day I arranged to see my nan for lunch before meeting up with the rest of the clan. I wore my new Jack Wills winter leggings in the morning - ridiculously expensive but also ridiculously comfortable - and got stuck into making a yummy Yule Log. Recipe to follow!


Boxing Day also happens to be my aunt's birthday and it's often a bit more festive than the actual day in my family. Christmas is my one excuse for dressing nicely and getting all my special things out for an outing!

OOTD: Gold short-sleeved top and black Leigh jeans, (both Topshop), black Chelsea boots (Office) & Chanel necklace

FOTD:
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (no.2)
YSL Touche Eclat (1.5)
Elizabeth Arden Intervene foundation (no.03 Soft Sunbeige)
Rimmel Glameyes Day 2 Night Mascara (001 Black)
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl (001 Black)
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (004 Black Brown)
MAC Pro Longwear Blush (Stay By Me)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (Soft and Gentle)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Medium Dark)
MAC Lipstick (Amorous)


I had lunch (and games!!) at my nans before we went over to my aunts. For more games, natch. We're a pretty competitive family. Things can get preeeeetty tense.


There were even quizzes on our napkins... Seriously intense stuff.

I've also never had meatballs with anything but a tomato sauce...I don't know what this was but it was lemony and garlicy and utterly delicious. My aunt is such a culinary genius!

I've spent the last few days going to see my first ever ballet (amazing!!!) and catching up with friends which has all been lovely. I think this is the first Christmas I've really made the most of my free time and seen lots of people and gone to lots of lovely places. Working full-time really does make you appreciate a week off!

No comments:

Post a Comment